Isabel Wyn

Isabel Wyn

Friday, December 16, 2011

We made it to Guangzhou

Hey all!! I got a few posts asking if we are ok. We are..just long day yesterday. Went to the Yuela Academy. Aka Confucious academy. Then packed to get to Guangzhou and flight, waiting on other families, etc we didn't get into hotel til after midnight and had to be up at 7 to eat and go to Dr evaluation for tuberculosis test and other tests that can't enter the US. Haven't had time to upload pics. Isabel has had an extremely runny nose since we got her and it turned into fever/cough yesterday. I knew we were going to dr today so that worked out. The medical eval was CRAZY. So many kids in there. But we got antibiotics and mucinex type stuff for her. I was worried about the cough bc we found out when we went to orphanage that last march she was in the hospital almost a month for bronchial pneumonia. Her nannies were told not to expect her to make it. Well we already know she is a miracle from birth. I have met my match with this one. She doesn't know the meaning of no. Literally or if I show her. I think most of them are like this. It's dog eat dog in the orphanages for food, toys, and attention.
My throat is getting really sore too. Please pray we don't all get what she has. This is a hard enough trip without being sick. I believe all the prayer for my foot healed it fast. It still swells from walking all day but no more pain or limping. Praise Jesus!
We have a down afternoon thank goodness! We are all going to nap then go eat. We are so happy to get here. It's very "westernized" so a lot of things to do and eat that are familiar. Lots of families from USA and other countries (England,Canada,Ireland) that are adopting. So very nice to see and hear familiar voices. I will post pics as soon as I can get them uploaded. Thanks again for all the prayer! Love and miss y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment