Isabel Wyn

Isabel Wyn

Friday, December 9, 2011

Hutong tour

Well I ended up going to the hospital because my foot was really fat and I couldn't bend it. I was so nervous. It was nothing!! It was pay as you go, each step we had to go back to the front and pay. Total bill for seeing dr, four X-rays and medicine was $160! Great news is its not broken! He said its just severe soft tissue damage. Aka bad sprain. He gave me a lotion to rub on it twice a day. I have no idea what it is. We have been calling it Mr Miagi lotion. You know in karate kid when he rubs his hands together and rubs Daniel Son's shoulder and it's all better? Lol. It really has helped a TON with the swelling and pain. Still hurts to walk but so much better than this morning. I know it is all the prayers for us. Jesus is amazing :) We weren't able to go to the Forbidden City bc it is too much walking for my foot. We went on a Hutong tour. We rode in rickshaws around the old emporer's palace. Ok, it literally looked like the run down streets of New Orleans. We had jasmine tea at a mans house there. I have been so very humbled by the people here. They are so generous and warm hearted. He told us his story. The apartment type place they lived was literally as big as my bedroom. There were four generations living there. It had a kitchen as big as my closet, a small dining area, living area, and a place for them all to sleep. He was a Kung foo instructor and both of his sons are too. One lives in Houston. He was so excited when we told him Houston isn't very far from us. He even demonstrated a couple moves for us. Grayson was awed. Today was our last day with Raegen our guide here. She has been so sweet. She said she chose her American name Raegen bc of Ronald Raegen. She had PMs heart from then on. ;) We have been resting this afternoon. I have my foot up with ice and pm and the boys went swimming a little while. We are going to order pizza hut later and pack. We leave tomorrow at 12:30 for the airport and flight to Changsha! Two more sleeps until Isabel day! The boys are just as excited. We packed her backpack today with her toys and snacks to win her over. Eli said he can't wait to show them to her. Melts my heart :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad there was no break! Medical care in China is amazing. Liz and I had to take Audrey to a medical clinc on a Sunday and then to the hospital later. They spent 2 days there getting IV's. We were so worried about the cost both times and both were extremely cheap!

    ReplyDelete